The 5 month mark
Today is my 5 month anniversary here. I tried to make a list of the stuff I've done, places I've been, things I've seen and lessons I've learnt. But it wasn't as easy as I thought. Because there is so much that I have experienced so far. From -20 degree mornings waiting for a yellow school bus to learning that the only time I waste is thinking I'm alone.
I've always known the importance of friendship but now I understand it. I can truly appreciate my freinds and family. It's a little like the saying you don't know what you've got until you've lost it. Except I never lost it. I was simply 'distanced' from it.
I've learnt so much from teh first 5 months and I still have so many more opportunities in the next 5 months. My level of french should keep improving, the situation with my host family is always getting better, I'm still making freinds, and I've got lots of travel coming up, including going to Quebec on my own for the ice festival, going to Toronto with AFS and a trip to Boston with school.
:)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home