aMyS iN cAnAdA

Monday, January 15, 2007

i heart winter sports

I had a pretty busy weekend, but it was sooooo much fun.
Friday night I went to the mall after school, so shopping is always good. Then we went to a party that was pretty average, but still a party.

Saturday was the best day. I went snowboarding in Quebec. I live about 2 hours form Quebec city so it was an early start (6.30am). The mountains are soo beautiful there. There was heaps more snow there than in Drummondville so that was cool. The ski fields are different to the ones in New Zealand. Ill get some photos up here later. Its like a mountain covered in trees except they cut down the trees in about 5 lines to make up the ski runs, but there are some parts you can ski between the trees (experienced skiers of course). There are runs specific for snowboarders (like the snow park) and runs just for skiers (cos they don’t like the boarders). But as it was only my 2nd time snowboarding I just stuck to the easy runs. I was pretty good for a beginner. Didn’t fall unless I tried something stupid (like spinning around or jumping). I’ve got heaps of photos ill try and get up here soon.

After snowboarding I went to an ice hockey game with some friends. It was the cOoLeSt ThInG eVeR!!! I was sitting right up next to the plastic thingy to sop the puck (or the players) coming into the stands. There were so many fights, and the players were always smashing up against the plastic in front of us. I am in love with ice hockey now. Lol. They even had the funny little truck that comes on between periods to clean the ice. Oh and the funny mascot that kept dancing and being stupid. Unfortunately our team lost but it was still a good game.
Sunday morning I was hurting so bad from snowboarding, plus Genevieve and the little kids were there so I woke up at 7.30 (not good seeing as id gone to bed well past midnight). They left midday-ish, and I was going to have a lil nap…..but then Nick and the little 1 year old came, and I was home alone, so I couldn’t take my much needed siesta. So instead I did the geekiest thing and went to bed at 7.30 on a Sunday night (I know its sad but now I’m awake for a Monday morning).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home