aMyS iN cAnAdA

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

5 days till xmas

Wow only 5 days till christmas. A little scary but as long as I stay positive I won’t get (so) homesick. I remember watching the afs documentary earlier this year. They showed the video diary from each of the students at xmas time. They all had a really hard xmas (there was a lot of crying), But at the same time I keep on reminding myself that every exchange is different. So I have no idea what to expect for xmas.

Christmas for my host family isn’t that big. The 24th of December my host sister and the 2 boys will come over. We’ll have dinner and the boys open up the presents. The 25th isn’t that big in the morning. The giving of presents isn’t that big, just mainly for the little boys. Christmas afternoon we are going to go to my host mums sisters house. That will be loud and crazy. It seems there is no such thing as a shy Quebecois female. So with a big family get together and lots of xmas games, it should be interesting. It will be mostly older people (as in my host parents age and older) because all of the younger people have their own families they spend xmas with.
So I’m just looking forward to opening up my presents from home and hopefully eating my emotions (as long as I hide the scales)

So apart from the lack of xmas atmosphere, and build up, life here is back to normal (inculing conflict with my host mum). But ill wait until ive talked to my counsellor tonight until I write about it. It seems when I write something I manage to over analyse everything (maybe im turning into my mum).

Gotta wrap this up now because Im at school pretending to be researching something.

:)

1 Comments:

Blogger a.m.y said...

no snow.....at all......no white xmas for amy :(

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home