aMyS iN cAnAdA

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The coldest day in January...so far

Today is the coldest day we have had so far in January. Last night it was –30 and today at school it is -22. Tomorrow it is forecast to be -30 during the day. Hence why today is the coldest day…so far. I don’t mind the cold. It’s just when I look out the window it’s a brilliant blue sky and amazing sunshine, then I look down and see everything snow-covered, remembering that while, inside, I wear tee-shirt and jeans, outside it’s a mild *cough* freeze your ass off*cough* -22. Some very weird little kids were rolling around in the snow before in shorts and tee-shirts.

So the cold is different. And another big difference…I’m getting better at school.
I got a bit of a shock with 92% in math class (seeing as the average was 78%), a 79% in history and a whooping 80% in French (where as before the teacher gave me no mark as he preferred to avoid reading the grammatical horrors in my essays). So maybe I got some special lucky charm going on with the snow.
Going to play ice hockey Friday night, snowboarding Saturday and I’m going to have a go at curling *quiet giggle* Sunday. So I think I’m taking the opportunities to indulge in winter sports.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home