aMyS iN cAnAdA

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My Easter in the BIg Apple

I spent my Easter weekend in New York!!! It was insanely huge and there were too many people but I loved every minute of my trip.

We caught the bus at 11pm Friday night. Its about an 11 hour bus ride to New York. It was long and uncomfortable but our guide had heaps of dvds to watch that are all filmed in New York. So by the end of the trip I had been to all the places that we see on television. We had little fun at the us border. Because we were on a big bus a little customs man got on the bus to check id but the Italians and I had to get off and answer sooo many questions. Why don’t they just straight out ask if we are terrorists?
We arrived in New York at about 11am Saturday. We had ‘free time’ to wander around and try not to get lost. I saw all of 5th avenue and all the expensive stores (including tiffany’s, lacoste, Gucci, pucci, NBA store, Walt Disney store and the Lindt store where we got free chocolates at the door (I managed to go in and out the store 3 times before they recognised me lol). I saw the Hotel Plaza (as seen in Home Alone) the Public Library (as seen in Day After Tomorrow) Central Park (as seen in too many things to list) and St Patrick’s Cathedral. We had dinner at a brewery and after headed to the Rockefeller Center. We had a 360 degree of new york 75 storeys high. Very cool. After that we headed of the the hotel (with a lot of beer that my host mum had bought for us). The hotel was very nice. We had a television in our room and when my friend Silvia saw it she was sooo happy (her host family don’t have a television plus she loves English) so we watched the television until very late.

Sunday morning I had a little talk on the phone with my family. I was so excited about being in New York I had to share it with someone. Lol. We started early Sunday because we had a lot to do. We walked through central park to the Metropolitan art museum. They had so much cool stuff (including a lot of Greek stuff that was really interesting). After that we had free time again. We went to have lunch at Grand Central (as seen in a lot of movies including Madagascar…hehehe I saw the clock that gets stuck on the giraffe’s head). After that we had a city tour with a very strange guide. She was American but could speak French (with a very funny accent and not many people could understand her, I could because I recognised her accent). We saw everything in New York (she pointed out where stars live and who parties where. Lol. We also went to Strawberry Fields; the little park that Yoko Ono made after John Lennon was killed. We saw Harlem and the dirty parts of New York too. After that the group went to have dinner at an expensive restaurant. Seeing as me and my friends had spent a fair bit of money we went to MacDonalds and mucked around in Times Square for 2 hours. That was a lot of fun. We got photos with the police and we ran into the middle of the road to get a photo with all the lights. We went to Madam Tussaud the wax museum. That was very cool. I had been when I was about 9 years old in Melbourne but so much had changed. There were a lot of new people (like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Brad Pitt with Angelina Jolie, Usher, Will Smith and Jennifer Lopez). After that we headed back to the hotel.

Monday was so much fun. We took the ferry to see the statue of liberty, we went to Wall Street, Ground Zero, China Town and Little Italy.
I promise to get photos up here soon and email out photos aswell.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you had a great time in New York. I'm extremely jealous but can't wait to see all the photos.

Mike

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home