aMyS iN cAnAdA

Monday, April 02, 2007

my 18th

I had the bestest birthday i coud have asked for.
I was lucky enough to have a 40 hour birthday (because of time difference). I got heaps of cute text messages so thanks to everyone that semt them. Friday night I had a great talk on the phone with my family. Made me a little homesick though because I was having such an important day but i was so far away form everyone.

Saturday morning was so cute. When I woke up and went downstairs, i found my host dad had gone to Tim Hortons and bought 3 coffees and 3 muffins, put a candle in each muffin and had it waiting for me on the counter top. It was so sweet. My host parents gave me an amazing necklace with a stone thats supposed to prevent negative energies and a big book of personality tests. It sounds a lil geeky but the book is really cool. Its a whole lot of tests to find aptitudes, personality; and to see if you are kind, creative, adventurous etc. Then I opened my box form home. I got 18 of the coolest presents ever, including fancy jewellery, soft toys, makeup, more jewellery, a tui teeshirt and instant scratchies (which i won $5). I spent most of the afternoon at the mall because my host parents were going to negociate for a summer cottage. It was a little boring but I got to but lotto tickets and alcohol (and yet no one ided me).

Saturday night I had my birthday party. It was very cool. We had a uv light so that was funny. Everyone had a pretty good time and a good laugh at me when i accidently broke a bottle of maple syrup (it wasnt my fault, the shelf in the fridge broke and it just so happened that it was me that opened the fridge).

Sunday we went to a 'cabane a sucre'...its a little place in the woods where you go to have a real quebec experience. We had a lunch entirely made up of food cooked in maple products. It was soo good. Except I was with 2 of teh people who had been at my party and no one would have guessed we had drunk the night before, except my italien friend threw up everywhere after the 1 hour drive.

So it was a good birthday that I definatly wont forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home