It's downhill from here
So I’ve made it half way!!!
I celebrated my dying my hair all by myself. Kinda scary. Especially because the last time I did it was in 5th form when my mum put in the funny blotchy blond streaks. But it turned out pretty cool. It’s a little darker than I wanted but everyone says I look “chic” so that’s cool. I went shopping with some friends and that was good. I got heaps of new clothes and had a very girly day.
Had an afs meeting on the weekend. It was like a reflection opportunity for parents and students. It was really good for me because I got to realise how we have resolved our problems and now being with my host parents is much better. We had to “examine” our goals. Like, what our goals were, what we are doing to achieve them and if we are going to get it done by July. So far I think I’m on track. I’m building an amazing relationship with a Quebecois family, my French is pretty good, and I’ve defiantly got good friends. It was interesting how much the other students are having trouble making friends to go to the movies, or go shopping etc. Like the students who don’t speak French at all cant talk to people, there are the weird students who lack the social skills to make friends that aren’t exchange students, then there is me and the Italians who have heaps of friends and are always going out and having a good time.
Had a good night with my host parents last night. It was the half way day so they treated it like a special occasion. I got to pick dinner, helped make it, drank wine and had a good time. I don’t want to sound arrogant but I’m really proud of getting through the problems because now I have a good relationship with Diane and Bernard. Oh and the other good thing that happened….they said I could have a birthday party and have al my friends and even have alcohol. That may sound really baby, but it’s a bug thing for an afs student to be able to do that because usually the parent don’t allow alcohol or parties. So it’s a good thing and I’ll be grateful and itll be just a lil shindig with some friends.
That’s probably long enough for today… :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home