aMyS iN cAnAdA

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

An Update

I haven’t updated my blog for a seriously long time.
On Sunday I had my 6 month anniversary here. For AFS 6 months is a big mark. We should have the language sorted, a strong relationship with our family, and be fully integrated in school (i.e., have friends, be sociable, get good grades, and participate in school activities). so I’m pretty happy with everything I have achieved and proud of myself for overcoming ‘obstacles’.

It’s slowly getting warmer here (now its about -8). Still completely snow covered which is cool. But I do miss summer. Lucky me I get 3 winters in a row, so the next summer I get I hope it’ll be a good one.

Completed my snowboarding course last weekend. Its cute I have a little badge and a little certificate which means next year I can go up a level (I find that very funny). Im loving snowboarding and I cant wait to go on a ski trip when I get back. (*hint* mum and dad). On Sunday I went sliding, That’s pretty much sliding down a hill on a rubber tube but they had about 5 different tracks with turns and dips and rises. Its always fun. It was a private sliding area just for people associated with a company here. I was with my friend cos her dad works there. Its right next to the river. Its so pretty in winter time, the river is frozen and covered in snow so it looks just like a road. We could have walked across the river if we wanted to, but its about 200m wide and we didn’t have the funny little shoes to wear.

Next week is spring break. So I’m looking forward to shopping and sleeping for a week.
Hopefully I can keep up the blog so its not always long boring updates :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home